PC Based Flash Point Apparatus
The PC based Flash Point apparatus, is a completely automatic instrument capable of determining the Flash Point of petroleum oils based on a visible flash. The complete control is done from the PC via a dedicated software and the software can store test results and later have print options for tests conducted. The test results not only stores the visible flash point but also the heating curve v/s time graph for each sample. This apparatus also has an automatic mechanical assemble for dipping of the pilot flame to the sample, eliminating any human intervention during a test run and has a variable speed stirrer with RPM Display.
The oil needs to be poured in the container and the system is set to start using the dedicated software (via the dedicated PC connected to the test bath)
1. Sample Id.No:
2. Expected flash point.
- Adjust the RPM of the stirrer to desired value (Digital display for enhanced accuracy).
- The apparatus automatically heats the sample in boost heat mode to 100 C below expected flash point.
- After this temperature is reached, the instrument goes into controlled heating mode, heating the sample @ 3oC to 5oC per minute, till the expected flash point is reached. During this period, the gas igniter tests for the flash point at every 1oC temperature rise upto 110oC, after that, the flash test is done every 2oC. The mechanical assembly for opening the air ports of the closed cup and dipping of the gas flame is done automatically and requires no human intervention.
- A real time graph Temperature V/S time is plotted in the PC.
- The flash point is detected by an optical sensor and the end point is detected only on stable flash.
- On detection of the flash point, the display in computer holds the temp.
- It also emits an audible beep, and switches the heater off. The results can be viewed / printed with the attached printer. The results can be stored in the computer.
- All data entry and control of experiment from computer key board.
- Real time “on screen” display of the heating curve( Time v/s Temperature)
- Storage of the heating curve of each sample.
- Display of Flash point.
- Fast testing of unknown flash point samples.
- Auto off and audible alarm for end of experiment.
- Prints all the parameters with heating curve, along with date and time stamp.
- Results can be recalled by Date / Sample No: / Test ID.
- Temp Resolution 1oC
Special Feature: in hazardous environments, the flash testing is done by spark (optional).